Sunday, November 1, 2015

+ 365 Day 304

Today was sunday traditionally a day of rest but for once I didnt lounge about I did something productive. :)

A couple of months ago I won some really nice material from a comp (no idea which one as it came with nothing to say where it was from) I'd been umming and ahhing about making a new dog bed or a hand bag for myself but hadnt got round to it.

My mum like me procrastinates - she got this hideous old foot stool for free ages ago - the legs had been chewed by a dog and the stool itself was nicotine yellow with stains - not really attractive at all

So today I got off  my lazy butt and recovered it for her. Originally I was going to sand down the legs and paint them but the damage from the dog chewing was pretty extensive so instead I covered them in a contrasting material instead.

It came out really well (the photos do not do it justice!) and I am going to get out my sewing machine next week and make a couple of cushion covers to match it too :)

Today's positive is feeling like I have accomplished something  :)

Before - looking gross and in pieces


Recovered and legs back on 

And in use :) practical and pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment