Sunday, October 11, 2015

+ 365 days 252 - 258 - Onsite at Disneyworld

DisneyWorld woohoo :)

Day 252 Thursday

Today we said goodbye Las Vegas Hello DisneyWorld. My uncle was taken care of by the staff at Vegas airport so we were happy and confident he would get home okay. We hopped our flight to Fort Laudervale where we were due to connect to our flight to MCO - it was delayed, and then delayed some more :( we finally arrived in MCO (Orlando International) at gone midnight. Lucky our bags camepretty quick and we went straight to the Magical Express Desk (Thats the transport Disney provides for guests staying at its hotel/resorts for free from the airport). We were soon boarded on a coach and ours was the first drop off too.

We were staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort. Check-in was a nightmare - they had lost our magic bands so they took a long time looking to see if they could find them and stuff. We were eventually checked in and given replacement grey bands to use and got the bell hop guys to take us and our luggage to our room. We were in Martinque section room 2111.

They have refurbed since our stay last year and the rooms now have 2 double beds plus a pull down single bed - perfect none of us had to share me and mum got the big beds and my niece Lizzie got the smaller bed which was the perfect size for her. The room had lost some of its Disney'ness' in the upgrade and I am not 100% sure I like it - if I am paying a ridiculous amount to stay onsite at Disney then I want some Disney Magic.

Anyways we were all pretty much exhausted so we just dropped straight into bed!






Days 253 - 258 (Friday - Wednesday)

I really couldn't say exactly what we did on each day and in what order as we did so much so I am just going to summarize :)

We did ALL the disney parks and ate out in lots of different places as we had the disney dining plan :) We also did a lot of shopping as we had a $200 gift card as part of our booking. The weather was hot and rainy and stormy but thats fine its always like that - we also went to walmart on the bus :D and of course to down town disney (soon to be renamed disney springs)

Our favourite things that we did

Beauty & the Beast stage show
Festival of the Lion King show
Finding Nemo Show
Illuminations Fire works
Wishes Fire works

Rides: Its a small world (I HATE this ride but everyone else loves it); Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror (I rode as a single rider as the others dont do 'scary' rides) Splash Mountain (me and mam rode Lizzie is barred from rollercoaster type rides after her behaviour last time we brought her), Kali river rapids, Kilimanjaru Safari, Expedition Everest (again I rode alone), dinosaur, Haunted Mansion

Even though we were only staying on site for 7 days our tickets were valid for 14 days so we did come back to Disney our second week and I had some amazing treats in store for my niece too but I will write about that in the next blog post :)

but for now some photos :)































































No comments:

Post a Comment