So I meant to post this on Monday however due to some issues with my laptop and general exhaustion I havent so I am posting now :)
So to recap goals for the new year are:
1. Lose weight
2. Get Healthier/fitter
3. Save Money
As today is my first week I am just going to start with my current stats :)
1. I'm a size 20 on top and a 16-18 on bottom - I weigh in at 89-90 kgs depending on the scales - I am seeing the nurse for blood tests on friday so will get weighed in properly then
2. I'm not fit there's no denying it
3. My savings account balance is £0
So what am I doing this week to achieve my goals?
1. I have started on meal replacement shake for breakfast, cutting down snacks or snacking on foods that are high protein such as boiled eggs and nuts and drinking water - I have managed to drink 2l of water each day in work so far and hope to continue - this replaces they 4-6 cans of fizzy stuff I drink everyday (although not completely as I am addicted to pepsi max but reducing it to 1 can in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 for bed - thats a huge reduction from the 2-3 litres I normally drink) I have to be honest my body is not enjoying this change - I swear I am getting withdrawal symptoms, seriously! I am short tempered - more so than usual and I keep getting headaches and cravings!
2. I am taking the stairs - yes instead of being incredibly lazy and using the lift to get up 2 flights of stairs in work I am walking them! I am also going for a 15-20 min fast walk during my lunch half hour.
3. I have switched my insurance for the car as its was down for renewal this month - saving myself around £40 but I also bought the new insurance via topcashback so I should in couple of months get some more money back from this - around £45. I have also switched my internet, tv and phone supplier for 2 reasons the first was the customer service in sky has been beyond appalling the entire 18 months I have been with them with my super fast fibre optic my speed has never been faster than 28mbs - its supposed to be up to 100 and I have had enough! I have switched to virgin media which initially is going to be more expensive as I have to have an engineer come out (ouch) but my monthly bill will be less by around £20 and again I bought via topcashback so I will get around £75 back in a few months. I havent put any money into my savings because I dont get paid until 21st however I did go shopping for food with a shopping list and mostly stuck to it and along with my shakes for breakfast and taking water into work and my own I am saving around £3 a day on food in work which at the end of the week will be around £12 (as we go out for lunch on a friday as a team I cant skip that!)
So I think I am starting well and will hopefully continue. I hope by week 4 to actually start seeing some results :)